Job Description for Sr Manual QA
Experience Required: 5+ Years Job Location: Mumbai
Role & Responsibilities:
- Evaluate and test new or modified products and applications, to verify that they function according to user requirements and to established guidelines.
- Review requirements and develop test cases based on those requirements; Create, update and execute test plans and test cases.
- Work proactively in coordination with the development team for the troubleshooting and resolving of issues in a timely manner.
- Present ideas on system improvements based on hands on experience.
- Thoroughly report test results and manage follow up including fix verification, updating bug tracking database etc.
- Contribute to the design, documentation, implementation and maintenance of test environments and test systems and processes.
- Contribute to the project hand-over to the support and operations teams.
- Creativity, initiative, curiosity.
- Practical experience in testing (ideally, web testing)
- Experience in Mobile (Android and IOS) Testing.
- Different types of testing like Browser compatibility, social media integration testing etc
- Good knowledge of the English language, both orally and written
- Good understanding of the product development process
- Knowledge and experience of QA methodologies (Agile, Waterfall)
- Experience with testing and bug reporting tools (JIRA,BUGZILLA,MANTIS)
- Technical writing experience (test plans, work procedures, user guides etc)
- General knowledge in the area of web applications developments practices
- Knowledge of HTML, CSS, JS is a plus
- Knowledge of SQL queries is a plus
- Knowledge of any functional testing tool is added advantage(Selenium, JMeter, QTP)
- Demonstrates the ability to analyze a problem and complete detailed reports.
- Able to methodically produce the steps which exhibit bugs in the product and be able to reproduce and communicate these steps.
- Shows initiative in gaining in-depth experience in areas of technology relevant to testing of company products.
- Shows initiative in gaining theoretical knowledge in software testing.
- Works well in a team environment and alone.
- Has ability to adapt to the changing needs of a project.
- Has ability to meet deadlines.
- Has strong communication skills, both in writing and orally.
- English: can read and write well enough to be able to communicate with peer QA and Development engineers regarding software defects.